CRANBERRY COMMUNITY HALL

Built in the 1920’s the Cranberry Community Hall was originally a pool hall/candy store/barber shop. Since then the Hall has been of use to various organizations and groups, including the fraternal order of the Knights of Pythias and the Pythian Sisters, Jehovah’s Witnesses also held services in the hall over the years.

 

Today the Cranberry Community Hall is operating as a non-profit charitable society, the Cranberry Community Hall Association with a pro- active volunteer Board of Directors have put into place a strategic plan, beginning with a series of updates to the hall which ncluded interior renovations in 2014 and exterior painting and landscaping in 2015.

The hall is actively used by a number of regular community groups includes two choral groups, a fiddle group, a writer’s group and others. The hall sponsors several regular events including a monthly acoustic coffee-house (on the last Sunday of each month), a monthly Sunday Afternoon Song Circle, and a monthly film night.

The hall has is now known for it’s performance lineup including several prominent Canadian folk musicians such as, Old Man Leudecke, Jason and Pharis Romero, Oliver Swain, Cindy Church, Bob Bossin and Rick Scott, have performed to a full venue of appreciative audiences at the hall.

In addition, with a complete kitchen area and also a concession area, the 70-seat Cranberry Hall has become a favourite venue for those seeking a meeting place for community groups and family friendly gatherings.

More in this category: Recreation Complex »