DWIGHT HALL

Dwight Hall

Powell River has always had a ballroom which, in this very social town, has served as a community focal point and the place to hold most events. The original ballroom was built in 1911 and was located on the second floor of the Company Stores.

In 1927, The Powell River Company once again spared no expense in the construction of Dwight Hall. The hall contained features not yet thought of in similar structures of the time. On the main floor was the spacious ballroom with its innovative sprung dance floor, at the end of which stood the stage and dressing rooms.The dance floor also had an adjoining supper room and kitchen. The lower level housed the meeting rooms and the Library.

The hall was built in the Tudor Revival architectural style surrounded by extensive landscaping. Dwight Hall was recognized in the Province of British Columbia as being the finest of its kind.