The Provincial Building
The Provincial Building was built in 1939 by the British Columbia Ministry of Public Works. Though the Tudor Revival architectural style of the building is typical of Provincial buildings, their architectural characteristics differ somewhat from other Tudor Revival buildings in the Townsite.
Built at the same time as the Federal Building and roughly the same size, the Provincial Building cost $20,000, as compared to the $50,000 poured into the Federal building.
The Provincial Building housed the B.C. Police, the courtroom, forestry services, public works, the government agent and the jail cells.
In 1997 the building was purchased and converted to what is now the Old Courthouse Inn.